Varaghu (Kodo Millet / Kodra), 500 gms.
Want to make your favourite recipes healthier? Just replace one or two ingredients with Kodo Millet or Varaghu in Tamil, which is also known as Kodra in Hindi. The same pulao, upma, dosa or Pongal can be equally tasty but much more nutritious by switching to Kodo millet.
Kodo millet releases energy slowly in your body and keeps you feeling full for a longer period. So, it helps in sugar control. It’s completely gluten free and easy to digest. A very good source of vitamin B6, niacin, folic acid, and minerals like calcium, magnesium, iron and zinc, it’s also rich in fibre and protein. Also, Kodo Millet is popularly consumed by diabetics as it has a low glycemic index. A powerhouse of nutrients, it gives you many reasons to add it to your everyday diet.
Why Isha Life’s Varaghu (Kodo Millet / Kodra)?
- Gluten free and easily digested
- High in fibre, antioxidants, iron and vitamins and minerals
- Its rich nutrient content makes it highly beneficial for children
- May help reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes with a low glycemic index
- Good antioxidant
How to consume it?
- You can cook it the same way as you would prepare upma or porridge.
- Or you can cook it just like rice.
- You can also add it to desserts, cookies, or soups.
Also Read: All about millets
More info: https://www.ishalife.com/in/varaghu-500gms-vpic-n